This pre-release contains a few significant changes, so I need your help testing it to make sure I haven’t inadvertently broken anything…
I have significantly changed how ADPassMon gets password expiration values. With Windows Server 2008, MS introduced Fine Grained Password Policy, which could potentially make it difficult to determine the expiration date of passwords, so the exact date of account password expirations is computed and stored in a property called
msDS-UserPasswordExpiryTimeComputed that you can retrieve in OS X with a simple dscl lookup. Since this may not work in all environments, ADPassMon will fall back to the old method of looking up the information if the new method fails. Manual mode, where you enter the password expiration days, is still an option.
I’ve also added a connectivity check that will disable the Change Password and Refresh Kerberos Ticket menu items if the domain cannot be reached.
Lastly, in addition to a few cosmetic changes, I have added a note to the preferences dialog box that instructs you to hit the Enter key if you change any of the text field values.
Download the pre-release here, and please let me know how this version works for you by either commenting here or at github.
UPDATE: Link now points to the b2 release which adds a 15-second delay upon computer wake before ADPassMon runs its checks.